Chevrolet Performance 350/290HP Crate Engine - GM (19355658)
OUR BEST CRATE ENGINE VALUE DELIVERS ALL YOU EXPECT IN A POWERFUL SMALL-BLOCK!
The most affordable Cheverolet Performance Small-Block crate engine is also our best seller - and it's easy to understand why. The 350/290 Base Small-BIock features four-bolt mains for strength and makes a great economical alternative to rebuilding a tired, two-bolt main core. Use it to re-power your daily driver or drop it in your budget Camaro project!
Inside the 350/290 Base are quality parts, including a camshaft and durable aluminum pistons that squeeze an 8.5:1 compression ratio. We offer the 350/290 in a base form, allowing you to add the induction and other accessories. That's great for builders swapping over the intake manifold, carburetor and other components when re-powering a vehicle.
Chevrolet Performance has all the components to build up the 350/290 Base into a high-performance, great-looking street engine, too - from an aluminum intake and carburetor (we recommend the 670-cfm Holley four-barrel, P/N 19170092) to the distributor, water pump and more. Save the time and hassle of rebuilding your old engine by ordering the 350/290 Base and finishing it to your own specifications.
Part Number: 12499529 / 19355658
Engine Type: Chevy Small-Block V-8
Displacement (cu in): 350
Bore x Stroke (in): 4.000 x 3.480
Block (P/N 10066034): Cast-iron with 4-bolt main caps
Crankshaft (P/N 93426651): Nodular iron
Connecting Rods (P/N 10108688): Powdered metal steel
Pistons (P/N 93422884): Cast-aluminum
Camshaft Type (P/N 3896962): Hydraulic flat tappet
Camshaft Lift (in): .450 intake /.460 exhaust
Camshaft Duration (@.050 in): 222° intake / 222° exhaust
Cylinder Heads (P/N 93438649): Iron; 76cc chambers
Valve Size (in): 1.94 intake / 1.50 exhaust
Compression Ratio: 8.0:1
Rocker Arms (P/N 10089648): Stamped steel
Rocker Arm Ratio: 1.5:1
Recommended Fuel: Regular pump
Ignition Timing: 34° Total @ 4,000 rpm
Maximum Recommended rpm: 5,100
- Use neutral balance harmonic damper P/N 12551537
- Use internally balanced flexplate P/N 471529 for automatic transmission or flywheel P/N 14085720 for manual transmission(not included)
- Power ratings based on tests with Holley 670-cfm carburetor P/N 19170092 (not included)
- Does not accept Chevrolet Performance roller lifter assemblies
- Designed for pre-1976 street vehicles or any off-road vehicle
- Not intended for marine applications
- See the Valve Covers section for selection of chrome, polished and aluminum valve covers
- Pre-1986-style 2-piece rear main seal block
- Recommended for use in vehicles with 6,000 GVW or less
National GM Parts is the leader in GM parts and accessories sales. We have some of the lowest prices online and a highly knowledgeable and dedicated parts team.
National GM Parts is your leader for genuine OEM GM Parts and Accessories. Our OEM Chevrolet Performance 350/290HP Crate Engine is guaranteed to fit your vehicle when you enter your VIN.